Change Management: Blueprint for Better will bring together leaders and managers from across the public, private and third sectors to share best practice in service transformation. Taking a cross-section look at the process, the conference will focus on how to actually make change happen, with an emphasis on practical examples from speakers from a wide range of professional backgrounds. Whether you are a team leader working in local government, an enterprise-level change manager, or a charity chief executive, this event presents the ideal opportunity to meet with, learn from and share experiences with high level speakers and like-minded colleagues.
Key topics to be covered at the conference include the importance of strong leadership – both from the top down and the bottom up, the need for outstanding communication skills in creating a dialogue around change, and attaining and maintaining wholesale cultural change. Delegates will also benefit from a range of interactive case studies exploring topics such as agile, lean and scrum management. Later in the day, a quick fire best practice session will bring together 4 to 5 speakers from various professional backgrounds to share their wealth of experience before being opened up to the floor for questions and further discussion. This will be followed by an interactive session reflecting on the key points of the day, lessons learned, and ideas to take back to the workplace.
Join us at Change Management: Blueprint for Better for the opportunity to learn from highly accomplished practitioners with invaluable knowledge and experience of leading innovative change initiatives at both local and national scale. Delegates will receive practical advice and inspiration from a range of real-life examples from public and private sector sources to help lead on change management and service improvement.
How can we make change happen?
The main tenets of successful change are well versed: leadership, communication, culture, and so on. So why is it so hard?
This conference aims to analyse how change happens, identifying the impacts and outcomes of different strategies and helping delegates to come to some conclusions about the right approach for them. Through a series of case studies and discussion sessions, the programme will explore key thinking around change management and service transformation.
Fundamentally, successful change is all about the people, but how do we ensure that the right people with the right skills are in the right roles? How does one downsize a team whilst retaining or increasing productivity? How does one sell new policies, methods of delivery or the discontinuing of certain services to a customer base who may often lack an understanding of the issues and costs?
This conference has been designed to bring together like minded professionals from across the public, private and third sectors to learn from each other and themselves. This is an ideal opportunity to hear from experienced practitioners with invaluable knowledge and experience of leading innovative change initiatives at both local and national scale. Delegates will receive practical advice and inspiration from a range of real-life examples from public and private sector sources to help lead on change management and service improvement.
- Hear examples of how to successfully lead, manage and implement change.
- Reinforce the importance of excellent communication.
- Get tips for how to overcome cultural and organisational resistance to change.
- Gain a better understanding of how to transform ways of working, improve decision-making and reduce risk.
- Learn how large scale service transformations have been managed and how these lessons can be applied in your own workplace.
- Discover what organisations across the public and private sectors have done to redesign services around customers’ needs.
- Exploring how best to build capability: ensuring that the right people with the right skills are in the right roles.
- Understand how to drive up service quality, reduce duplication and deliver cost savings.
- Insight and tips on the latest methodologies and thinking to help drive successful service improvement.
- Take advantage of excellent networking opportunities, meeting like-minded people from various professional backgrounds.
- Share you own stories and experiences with the conference and contribute to wider thinking about change management.
Reproduce with permission from the Open Forum events website.