Customer satisfaction is the key to retaining customers and gaining new ones to grow your business. With a manufacturing company often the only interaction your customer has is with your goods, but if you are a service company then your customers have many more opportunities to find fault with what you are providing them. From answering the phone late to not knowing the answer to their query there is an almost infinite list of opportunities for something to go wrong with your customer interactions. Therefore it is vital that you understand how your customer service could fall short of customer expectations.
Lean Consumption is based on Lean Production pioneered by Toyota and is widely used in modern manufacturing processes. Where Lean Production streamlines internal processes, Lean Consumption focuses on minimising the customers’ time and effort to use our services to drive improvement in our customer interactions.
The principles of Lean Consumption are:
- Solve the customer’s problem completely by insuring that all the goods and services work, and work together
- Don’t waste the customer’s time
- Provide exactly what the customer wants
- Provide what’s wanted exactly where it’s wanted
- Provide what’s wanted where it’s wanted exactly when it’s wanted
- Continually aggregate solutions to reduce the customer’s time and hassle
Therefore, to improve our services we should:
- Identify and improve activities that create and add value for the customer
- Determine what processes are necessary to deliver more value
- Cut down on activities that do not add value to the customer (eliminate wasted time and effort)
- Deliver products precisely when the customer requires them
- Improve and streamline these processes continuously
ChangeWise has developed the Achieving Excellent Customer Service course covering Lean Consumption, value demand and failure demand (additional negative demand resulting from poor processes), how to reduce the effort a customer exerts to use your services and how to improve customer satisfaction and reduce complaints with a Service Excellence programme.
For more information please call Mike Williams on 02380 464 153 or 07866 537 580 or visit www.changewise.co.uk